Help keep our programs at an affordable tuition for students and contribute to our scholarship funds...please donate now!
Mission... We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit institution that is dedicated to providing risk management, technical, and leadership training to aspiring mountain guides, outdoor educators, and mountaineers. We provide unparalleled, cutting-edge training at an affordable tuition with a robust scholarship program.
Instruction... SIET courses are staffed with highly experienced, professional instructors who have extensive backgrounds in experiential education, alpine guiding, and personal expeditions. See our Instructor Info page for more details on our exceptional staff.
Program... Aspiring climbers who wish to become mountain guides, outdoor educators, or simply competent mountaineers, face a myriad of challenges as they progress from a novice to advanced level. Without instruction or mentorship, they experience a complicated and often dangerous learning curve. SIET helps its students through this phase by providing an educational experience that focuses on the skills students need to become more safe, confident, and competent leaders.
Our programs help students to…
- Gain the experience and develop the judgment necessary for managing the inherent risk implicit in mountaineering.
- Develop an understanding of current accepted practices, enabling them to move from a rule-based system to an evidence-based system.
- Become employable with certificates of completion and a skill set that meets industry standards.
- Come away with appropriate and actionable next steps as well as continued mentorship to help alumni meet their personal and professional goals.
- Develop transferable skills to set alumni up for success on AMGA courses and exams.
See our About SIET page for more information on what makes our courses unique.
A fun video to give you a glimpse into our Ishinca Valley Expedition:
SIET is proud to be partnered with Rab